You just can’t buy any kind of toy for your baby. Toys not only provide enjoyment to your little one, but they also help in mental development. Nowadays, there are a lot of options available in the market. But the most important thing is to pick a toy that is both safe and entertaining for your baby. Imaginative toys will keep your child occupied while you finish the various tasks around the house.
You can go for safe baby toys like soft cuddly dolls, big building blocks with smooth surfaces, and soft balls. Your baby would love to play with simple building blocks and will make pyramids and buildings. Here are some important points you need to keep in mind before you make a purchase:
• You need to keep product recalls in mind before buying: Before you purchase it is important for you to check if that particular brand has any recall in the past or not. You can find this information on the Internet itself. It is important to buy from a brand that has no bad history because your baby deserves the best.
• Check the safety statements from the manufacturers: You should check out the details of published safety statements from the manufacturers before you buy a toy. Reputable online toy retailers will post manufacturer statements in their website like quality testing, lead content, and other safety details.
• You need to buy age-appropriate toys: Before you make a purchase make it sure that it is appropriate for your baby’s age. If you buy toys for slightly older babies it might contain lose parts which might choke your baby if he puts it in his mouth.
• It is best to follow safety guidelines while you purchase: Make sure that the toy you are purchasing doesn’t contain any small parts that can break. Consumer Product Safety Forum (CPSC) publishes many safety guidelines including a ‘toy safety shopping tips’ list. It is better to buy baby toys that are 100% safe.
• To know more you can read reviews, talk to others, and search online for better results: If you have a sister or a friend who is a mother, it is better you ask her to help you. Her experience with the products will prove to be of immense help.